Committee members heard testimony from Administrator Browner and others concerning reauthorization of the Superfund program. Congress established the Superfund program in 1980 to investigate and clean up hazardous waste sites.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carol M. Browner Administrator Environmental Protection Agency
- Gordon Johnson Bureau Chief New York (State)->Environmental Protection
- Ben Nelson U.S. Senate Candidate (Former) [D] Nebraska
- James Perron Mayor Elkhart
- Wilma Subra President Subra Chemistry and Environmental Consulting
- John H. Chafee U.S. Senator [R] Rhode Island
Committee members heard testimony from administration officials and others concerning reauthorization and modification…
Governors from across the nation met for the National Governors' Association winter meeting in Washington,…
Proposed Clean Air Regulations
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee held a hearing on changes to the current clean air…
Environmental Protection Agency Budget
The subcommittee heard testimony on the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget request. Administrator…