Roundtables on Poland & Hungary
Panels are “Political Reform in Hungary: The Challenges of Pluralism,” and “The Future of the Polish Economy: Challenges & Opportunities.”
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gabor Fodor Member FIDESZ (Union of Young Democrats)
- Geza Jeszenszky Professor Karl Marx University->History
- Rozanne Ridgway Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of State->European Affairs
- Helmut Sonnenfeldt Scholar Brookings Institution
- George Soros President Soros Foundation, Hungary
- Klemens Szianawski Professor University of Warsaw->Philosophy
- Witold Trzeciakowski Minister Poland
- Miklos Vasarhelyi Director Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Aid to Hungary & Poland
The committee holds a hearing and markup of legislation pertaining to aid for Hungary and Poland.
Topics include his recent trip to Hungary, the East German refugees relocating in Hungary & current events in Poland.
Markup of Aid to Poland & Hungary
The committee works on H.R. 3402, a bill containing more than $800 million in grants, loans, and loan guarantees to…
Aid to Poland and Hungary