New York Lt. Governor Party Change
Lt. Governor Ross announced that she was switching her affiliation to the Democratic Party because of continuing disagreements with… read more
Lt. Governor Ross announced that she was switching her affiliation to the Democratic Party because of continuing disagreements with New York state Republican policies. She said that Republican leaders discouraged women from seeking higher office and ignored women’s health issues. New York state Democratic leaders spoke in favor of her decision, as did several New York state residents whom she had helped. The lt. governor took questions from the press. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sal F. Albanese Member Brooklyn, NY->City Council
- Betty Barnette Vice Chair Democratic Party of New York (State)
- Patti Burns-Simpson Resident New York (State)
- Jean Crecenzo Resident New York (State)
- Mark Green Commissioner New York, NY->Consumer Affairs
- Susan John State Representative
- Debra Mazzarelli State Representative
- Amanda McCaughey Daughter
- Velmanette Montgomery State Senator
- Suzi Oppenheimer State Senator
- Maxine Postal Member Suffolk County, NY->County Council
- Kathleen Rogers Resident New York (State)
- Elizabeth "Betsy" McCaughey Ross Lieutenant Governor New York (State)
- Steven Sanders State Representative
- Donald Singer President Council of Supervisors and Administr.
Local Coverage of Ferraro Announcement
Local news coverage of Geraldine Ferraro’s announcement that she is running for the U.S. Senate in 1998 was shown.
Ferraro Senate Campaign Announcement
Ms. Ferraro announced her candidacy for the U.S. Senate from the state of New York. She served in the House…
New York State Senate Campaign
The Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate outlined their campaigns, and spoke about facing Republican Senator Alfonse…
New York State Republican Convention
Mayor Giuliani spoke to the convention, endorsing incumbent Governor George Pataki.