Role of Technology in Reducing Global Warming
Secretary Pena and several representatives of energy companies discussed how technology can decrease the release of… read more
Secretary Pena and several representatives of energy companies discussed how technology can decrease the release of chloroflourocarbons. They examined how different and more efficient energy sources can reduce emissions from buildings, power plants and automobiles. This was the second of four panels as part of the White House Conference on Global Climate Change. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael Bonsignore President and CEO Honeywell Inc.
- Tom Casten President and CEO Trigen Energy Corporation
- Bill Clinton U.S. President [D] United States
- Mary Good Manager Venture Capital Investors
- Albert "Al" Gore Jr. U.S. Vice President United States
- Larry Papay Senior Vice President Bechtel Group, Inc.
- Federico Pena Secretary (Former) Department of Energy
- Mason Willrich Chief Executive Officer Energy Works
- Kurt Yeager President Electric Power Research Institute
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Global Climate Change
Vice President Gore and President Clinton opened the White House Conference on Global Climate Change. In his…
Science of Global Climate Change
Scientists discussed the scientific evidence for global warming. They examined the Intergovernmental Panel on…
Climate Change Policy and U.S. Economy
Deputy Secretary Summers and other economic experts discussed the impact of climate policy on the U.S.…
Kyoto Conference and U.S. National Interests
Secretary Albright and others and several foreign policy experts discussed the upcoming international conference on…