Lawyer's Role in American Republic
Attorneys and legal scholars discussed the role lawyers play in American society and the role they should play in combating social… read more
Attorneys and legal scholars discussed the role lawyers play in American society and the role they should play in combating social justice. They also talked about the role of fashioning a system to help citizens and institutions conduct affairs. The members of the panel also discussed their opinion on what Alexis de Tocqueville would have thought about the prominent role attorneys seem to have in American society. They then responded to questions from members of the audience. close
People in this video
- Frank H. Easterbrook Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->Seventh Circuit
- Michael J. Horowitz Director Hudson Institute->Civil Justice Reform Project
- Tony Kronman Dean Yale University->Law School
- Jeffrey Rosen Associate Professor George Washington University->Law School
- Patricia McGowan Wald Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->District of Columbia Circuit
What Drives Legal Ethics?
A panel of federal judges and law school professors met to discuss legal ethics and the driving forces behind the moral…
Who Does the Government Lawyer Represent?
The role of government lawyers was discussed by a panel that included former White House counsels. They talked…
School Violence and the Law
Lawyers, authors and judges talked about the legal system from the local to the federal level and asked the question…
Urban Poor: Victims or Beneficiaries?
Justice Clarence Thomas delivered the luncheon address to a meeting of the Federalist Society. Justice Thomas, who…