Fast-Track Trade Authority Legislation
After meeting with Vice President Gore on strategy to obtain congressional support for fast-track legislation, cabinet members talked briefly with reporters.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Albright, Madeleine K. Secretary Department of State
- Barshefsky, Charlene Deputy Trade Representative (Former) Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Daley, William M. Secretary Department of Commerce
- Rubin, Robert E. Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Sperling, Gene B. Director National Economic Council
Administration officials reviewed the impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico on the…
Fast-Track Trade Authority
After a formal event in which the president asked Congress to renew his fast-track negotiating authority, White House…
Export Council and Virtual Trade Mission
The panelists talked about the condition of the global economy and its effect on U.S. trade and industry. The…
Trade and Economic Agenda
Secretary Rubin testified that open trade and open markets at home and abroad are beneficial to the economy of the…