Iran-Contra Investigation Day 24
North answers questions concerning money handling and decision making in the “enterprise,” the network of private companies… read more
North answers questions concerning money handling and decision making in the “enterprise,” the network of private companies used to sell arms to Iran and supply the contras. North explains the security fence at his home and his use of traveler’s checks for personal expenses. North admits to misleading Congress in order to protect the operation. Senate committee chairman Daniel Inouye makes a statement in which he points to his own record on the Senate Intelligence Committee and rebuffs North’s suggestion that members of Congress cannot be trusted with the “secrets of the land.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Newt Leroy Gingrich U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- Lee H. Hamilton U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- Daniel K. Inouye U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- James A. McClure U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- George J. Mitchell U.S. Senator [D] Maine
- John Nields Jr. Chief Counsel House Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions
- Oliver L. North Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) U.S. Marine Corps
- James "Jim" Slattery U.S. Representative [D] Kansas
- Brendan Sullivan Attorney
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 25
North reads his opening statement, which he had not been able to read on his first day of testimony because the…
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 23
Oliver North was sworn in by Senator Inouye.
br/ Oliver North testified that he had authority and approval from…
The Testimony of Oliver North
Members of the Senate and Lt.*Col.*Oliver North spoke to reporters about the day’s hearing.
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 26
North answered questions about complications in negotiations with
Iranian officials. North also testified that he…