FHA Refund and Internet Fraud
Secretary Cuomo and Chairman Pitofsky briefed reporters on two subjects. One was a public education campaign about millions of FHA insurance refunds and about possible fraudulent activities in these refunds on the Internet.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Andrew Cuomo Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Michelle Meier Counsel Consumers Union->Government Affairs
- Patricia O'Brien Resident North Carolina
- Robert Pitofsky Chairman Federal Trade Commission
- Nick Retsinas Director Department of the Treasury->Office of Thrift Supervision
Privacy Protection for On-line Customers
Committee members heard testimony about the current status of privacy for on-line consumers. At issue was whether…
The participants briefed reporters on changes in federal housing mortage insurance criteria. The new policies are…
The Internet and Consumer Protection
Ms. Bernstein moderated a roundtable discussion about the upcoming Federal Trade Commission (FTC) hearings on…
Internet Summit Overview
A conference on Internet issues titled “Focus on Children” was sponsored by Internet providers, users and…