Iran-Contra Investigation Day 39 Part 2
Casper Weinberger testified that he argued strongly against selling arms to Iran and that the decision to do so was based in part on incorrect intelligence indicating Iran was losing their war with Iraq.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard "Dick" B. Cheney U.S. Representative [R] Wyoming
- James "Jim" Andrew Courter U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- W. Neil Eggleston Deputy Chief Counsel House Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions
- Dante B. Fascell U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Robert Genzman Counsel House Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions
- Lee H. Hamilton U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- Henry J. Hyde U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Daniel K. Inouye U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- James A. McClure U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Caspar W. Weinberger Secretary Department of Defense
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 40
Weinberger is questioned further about his opposition to arms sales to Iran. Weinberger says that the transfer of…
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 21
Sporkin testifies concerning the drafting of two presidential findings that authorized selling arms to Iran.
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 20 Part 2
Koch testifies concerning the pricing of weapons for sale to Iran. Underpricing by the Department of Defense…
Iran-Contra Investigation Day 19
Hall testifies further concerning the changing of documents. Rep. Hamilton then concludes the first phase of…