What is Journalism?
Journalists and scholars analyzed local television news and the journalistic standards by which local news operates. Mr. Page moderated the panel.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bill Kovach Curator Nieman Foundation for Journalism
- Frank Magid Consultant Frank Magid and Associates->Media Analysis
- Newton N. Minow Chair (Former) Federal Communications Commission
- Clarence Page Columnist Chicago Tribune
- Abe Peck Dean Northwestern University->Medill School of Journalism
Journalism at the Millenium
Mr. Fuller spoke about trends in journalism, including increasing competition for audience share and the decline…
Participants discussed their ideas on the concept of service journalism. Ms. Lemmon on the role of…
Who Is a Journalist?
Panelists discussed the criteria and boundaries of being a journalist. Ms. Marin talked about the commitment…
Participants talked about the role of advocacy and alternative journalism. Ms. Calhoun spoke about changes…