Who Is a Journalist?
Panelists discussed the criteria and boundaries of being a journalist. Ms. Marin talked about the commitment of journalists to… read more
Panelists discussed the criteria and boundaries of being a journalist. Ms. Marin talked about the commitment of journalists to objectivity and conviction. Ms. Marin was involved in the controversy over Jerry Springer’s appearance as a commentator on WBBM-TV. Then the other panelists commented on her remarks. They also took questions from the audience. close
People in this video
- Borden, Jeff Columnist Crain's Chicago Business
- Kovach, Bill Curator Nieman Foundation for Journalism
- Marin, Carol Correspondent WBBM-TV
- Mitchell, Mary Columnist Chicago Sun-Times
- Okrent, Daniel Editor Time Warner, Inc.->New Media
- Peck, Abe Dean Northwestern University->Medill School of Journalism
Participants talked about the role of advocacy and alternative journalism. Ms. Calhoun spoke about changes…
What is Journalism?
Journalists and scholars analyzed local television news and the journalistic standards by which local news…
Journalism at the Millenium
Mr. Fuller spoke about trends in journalism, including increasing competition for audience share and the decline…
Participants discussed their ideas on the concept of service journalism. Ms. Lemmon on the role of…