Technology of Digital Broadcasting
The Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters was created by Executive Order and is to report… read more
The Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters was created by Executive Order and is to report back to the president by June 1, 1998. They discussed the public interest obligations of broadcasters such as public television, closed captioning and natural disaster information. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Josh Bernoff Analyst Forrester Research->Media and Technology
- Peggy Charren President Action for Children's Television
- Harold Crump Vice President Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc.
- Robert Decherd Chairman and CEO A.H. Belo Corporation
- Robert Glaser President and CEO RealNetworks Inc.
- Paul LaCamera President WCVB-TV, Boston
- Leslie Moonves President CBS->Entertainment Division
- Norman J. Ornstein Resident Scholar American Enterprise Institute
- Lois Jean White President National Parent-Teacher Association
The panelists discussed closed captioning and video description of broadcast programming for digital…
High Definition Television
Committee members heard testimony concerning high definition television. Mr. Hundt, Mr. Padden, and…
Vice President Gore talked about the new television ratings system agreement with the television networks. The new…
Representatives from advocacy groups commented on the agreement reached with television networks regarding a new…