The panelists discussed closed captioning and video description of broadcast programming for digital television. They also discussed natural disaster information systems.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nolan Crabb Editor American Council of the Blind
- Larry Goldberg Director National Center for Accessible Media
- Karen Peltz Strauss Representative National Association of the Deaf
- James Tucker Superintendent Maryland School for the Deaf
- Peter Ward Chairman U.S. Geological Survey->Working Group of Disaster Infor. Systems
Technology of Digital Broadcasting
The Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters was created by Executive Order…
High Definition Television
Committee members heard testimony concerning high definition television. Mr. Hundt, Mr. Padden, and…
Mr. Hendricks talked about the impact of digital technology on the future of television. After his prepared…
Book Discussion on The Boy Genius and the Mogul
Daniel Stashower talked about his biography of Philo Farnsworth, The Boy Genius and the Mogul: The Untold Story of…