Media, Politics & Elections in the 1990's
The panelists talked about the relationships among the media, politics and the 1990 elections. Topics included 1988 negative… read more
The panelists talked about the relationships among the media, politics and the 1990 elections. Topics included 1988 negative campaigning, polls, values, and debating the important policy issues. The panelists answered a few questions from audience members. close
People in this video
- Bode, Ken Director DePauw University->Center for Contemporary Media
- Boyd, Gerald Correspondent New York Times
- Bruno, Hal Director ABC Television->Politics
- Buchanan, John Chairman People for the American Way
- Daniels, Mitchell "Mitch" E. Jr. President and CEO Hudson Institute
- Frank, Reuven Senior Fellow Gannett Center for Media Studies
- Germond, Jack W. Correspondent Baltimore Sun->Politics
- Jamieson, Kathleen Hall Dean University of Pennsylvania->Annenberg School for Communication
- Kean, Thomas H. Governor (Former) [R] New Jersey
- Taylor, Paul Correspondent Washington Post
Government Secrecy: What Does Congress Need to Know?
Television producer Lear, the founder of People for the American Way, discussed the purpose of the…
Free Air Time for Presidential Campaigns
The commission heard from policy-makers and media executives on a proposal for free television time for presidential…
Should TV News Conduct Political Polls?
The panel is from a conference titled “Ethics of Political News Reporting and Advertising on Television.”…
Attacks on the Freedom to Learn
Topic includes censorship and ideological attacks on public education.