Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia
The subcommittee assessed an executive branch proposal for a $3.1 billion sale of 315 M-182 tanks and other military equipment services to… read more
The subcommittee assessed an executive branch proposal for a $3.1 billion sale of 315 M-182 tanks and other military equipment services to Saudi Arabia. The subcommittee examined the necessity of supplying Middle East countries with advanced military equipment. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard A. Clarke Assistant Secretary Department of State->Political Military Affairs
- Gary Eldridge Colonel U.S. Army
- Edward "Skip" W. Gnehm Jr. Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State->Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs
- Arthur Hughes Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense->Near East-South Asia
- Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Jesse Helms U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Claiborne Pell U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- James Sanford U.S. Senator [D] North Carolina
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Paul Simon U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
Defense & Arms Control Policies
Committee resumed hearings on the future of U.S.-Soviet relations, focusing on defense and arms control policy.
Chemical Weapons Proliferation
Committee held hearings on the nature and extent of the threat for chemical and biological weapons proliferation.
Chemical Weapons Use
The committee held hearings to review the results of the recent Paris Conference on chemical weapons use, and how to…
U.S. Arms Control Policy