March on Washington Anniversary, Presidential Portion
Pres. Obama and Former Presidents Carter and Clinton spoke at the "Let Freedom Ring" commemoration of the 1963 march in which Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech.
Video Library clips and descriptions are created by MyC-SPAN users, and are not the editorial selections of C-SPAN.Report profane or abusive content
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carter, Jimmy U.S. President (Former) [D] United States
- Clinton, Bill U.S. President (Former) [D] United States
- Farris, Christine King Sister Martin Luther King Jr.
- King, Bernice A. Daughter Martin Luther King Jr.
- King, Martin Luther III Son
- Lewis, John U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Obama, Barack U.S. President United States
- Winfrey, Oprah Talk Show Host
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- National Council of Negro Women
- A. Philip Randolph Institute
- National Action Network
- White House Travel | DC Event
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change
- National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
Clips from This VideoView all clips from this video
Realize the Dream Rally and March
Civil rights leaders and contemporary movement leaders spoke at the Lincoln Memorial at a “Realize the…
Martin Luther King Memorial Dedication
At the dedication of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial on the national mall, participants spoke about…
Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Groundbreaking
At the groundbreaking ceremony for the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Memorial along the Tidal Basin near the…
Memorial Service for Dorothy Height
Celebration of Life Service for Dr. Dorothy Height’s life story was told through stories, videos, photos and…