Panelists testified on digital currencies, the online decentralized systems that allow people to exchange goods and services without using real money.
Video Library clips and descriptions are created by MyC-SPAN users, and are not the editorial selections of C-SPAN.Report profane or abusive content
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jeremy Allaire Chief Executive Officer Circle Internet Financial
- Ernie Allen Member National Commission on Children and Disasters
- Jerry Brito Senior Research Fellow and Director Mercatus Center at George Mason University->Technology Policy Program
- Tom Carper U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Edward Lowery Special Agent U.S. Secret Service->Criminal Investigative Div.
- Patrick Murck General Counsel Bitcoin Foundation
- Mythili Raman Assistant Attorney General (Acting) Department of Justice->Criminal Division
- Jennifer Shasky Calvery Director Department of the Treasury->Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
Clips from This VideoView all clips from this video
Witnesses testified on virtual currencies such as Bitcoin. Specifically testimony and committee members questions…
Future of Bitcoin
David Wolman talked about his Wired Magazine article, “How to Save Bitcoin: Let’s Take Ecash Mainstream,”…
National Security Threats
FBI Director James Comey, National Counterterrorism Center Director Matthew Olsen, and acting Homeland Security…
Assistant Attorney General Raman on Internet Policy
Assistant Attorney General Raman talked about Internet policy trends in 2014 and the future of the technology…