Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor discusses the differences in being a judge for the District, Appellate, and Supreme Court, as well as the role of each court system.
Bell Ringer Assignment
- Explain the job of a District court judge according to Justice Sotomayor.
- Describe the differences between being a judge on the District and Appellate courts.
- Explain the role and type of decisions of the Circuit courts (U.S. Court of Appeals)?
- What is the difficulty in making a decision on the Supreme Court?
- Describe the type of cases the Supreme Court takes. What is the responsibility of the Supreme Court in its decisions?
- Explain why Justice Sotomayor encourages citizens to read the written opinions of the Supreme Court.