Professor Max Page talked about the origins of the National Historic Preservation Act and the future of historic preservation in America.
Bell Ringer Assignment
- When was the National Historic Preservation Act passed, and what was the purpose of the act?
- How has the act evolved over time in term of what it protects?
- Explain the origin of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Who led the efforts to enact this law?
- According to Max Page, how does this act fit into the Great Society programs?
- What makes a site historically significant?
- In Max Page's opinion, what areas of our heritage should be preserved?