Following leader remarks, the Senate was in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to ten minutes on any topic. At 11 a.m., the Senate proceeded to executive session to consider and vote on a series of nominations.
Following those votes, the Senate then returned to legislative nusiness to consider S. 540, a bill to extend the debt limit.
The Senate also considered S. 25, a bill that would repeal a one percent cut in military retiree pensions that was included in a budget deal in December 2013.
9:29AM - 6:47PM ETSenate Session
Briefings for February 12, 2014
- No Briefings Covered
Hearings for February 12, 2014
- Hearings on C-SPAN
- 10:00AM ETSenate Environment and Public Works CommitteeTransportation infrastructure Investments
- 10:00AM ETSenate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, Senate Special Aging CommitteeSenior Entrepreneurship
- 10:00AM ETSenate Rules and Administration CommitteeU.S. ElectionProceedures
- 10:00AM ETSenate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs CommitteeExtreme Weather Preparedness
- 10:04AM ETSenate Judiciary CommitteeGovernment Surveillance Programs
- Other Hearings
- 10:00AM ETSenate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Subcommittee on AgingIn Search of a Second Act: The Challenges and Advantages of Senior Entrepreneurship
- 2:30PM ETSenate Energy and Natural Resources CommitteeENERGY SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING: Lessons from state efficiency and renewable programs
- 2:30PM ETSenate Foreign Relations CommitteeFisheries Treaties and Port State Measures Agreements