Task Force on Education: Working Session
Experts on Education and the Economy conversed with members of the NGA Education Task Force on plans and ideas for National Goals. Governor… read more
Experts on Education and the Economy conversed with members of the NGA Education Task Force on plans and ideas for National Goals. Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas chaired the meeting. Issues concerned how the goals using input and output were to be constructed, Goals for learners and the education system, and how to measure progress. Links for Health and education need to be established for young children. Other concerns were - Will we be able to compete with other nations' education systems? Will our children be developmentally ready for these new education goals? close
People in this video
John Ashcroft Governor [R] Missouri
Sue Berryman Director Columbia University->Institute of Education
Carroll Campbell Jr. Governor [R] South Carolina
Bill Clinton Governor [D] Arkansas
Chester E. Finn Jr. Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of Education->Educational Research and Improvement
- Badi Foster Founder Aetna Institute for Corporate Education
- Lynn Kagan Associate Director Bush Cntr. Child Dev. and Social Policy
- Richard Mills Member Education Commission of the States
- Frank Newman President Education Commission of the States
- Marshall Smith Dean Stanford University->School of Education
Marc Tucker President National Center on Education and the Economy
- National Governors Association | Task Force on EducationNational Governors Association | Task Force on Education
Governors' Task Force on Education
National Governors Association meeting of the Education Task Force on making National Education goals for the nation in…
Education Deficit in the U.S.
Fortune Magazine hosted an Education Summit where a panel of speakers discussed the Education Deficit in the U.S.
Frank Newman Preident of the Education commission of the States.
Education Challenges for the States
Interview and viewer call-in with Gov. Carroll A. Campbell Jr. (R-SC)