Tobacco Worker's Unity Summit
The participants discussed issues facing tobacco workers. One of the issues was the legislation before Congress on youth smoking that could result in some workers losing their jobs.
People in this video
Gordon M. Adams Founder and Director (Former) Office of Management and Budget
- David Anderson Director Gilmore, J., Gov.
- Donnie Anderson Official Virginia Tobacco Growers Assn.
- James Andrews President AFL-CIO->North Carolina
- Gary Aronhald Secretary Virginia
Wayne Ashworth Official Farm Bureau->Virginia
- Barry Baker Official Bakery, Confect., and Tobacco Intl. Union
- Frank Beddell Member Virginia Petroleum Jobbers
- Edward Brown Vice President International Longshoremen's Union
- C.D. Bryant President Concerned Friends of Tobacco
- Curtis Coeburn Director Virginia->Alcohol Beverage Control Board
- Karen Crawford Official Shorewood Packaging
- Robert Curtis President AFL-CIO->Kentucky
- Davenport President Virginia Building and Const. Trades Coun.
- Read De Butts Official Coalition for Responsible Tobacco Retail
- Jean Dunn Official Hoechst Cellanese Company
- Bruce Dunton Official Mid-atlantic Union of Needletrades, Ind.
Mark Earley Attorney General
- Bo Fears Official Westvaco Company
- Martin Feldman Analyst Salomon Smith Barney->Tobacco
- James Fifer Official J.E. Fifer Sheet Metal Fabricators
Jim Gilmore III Governor [R] Virginia
- Bret Goble Official American Wholesale Marketers Assn.
- Susan Gregorek
- Nathan Grooms Member Reynolds Metals Painting Plant
- John H. Hager Lieutenant Governor
- Haywood Hamlet Official Virginia Tobacco Growers Assn.
- Todd Haymore Official Dimon Inc.
- John Heckman Official Highway Express Company
- Barbara Herndon Member Leaf Processing Worker
- Gary Hodge Official Tri-city Council for Southern MD.
- R. Hart Hudson Official Hudson Farms and Dixie Tobacco Warehouse
- Wayne Huggins Superintendent Virginia->Police Department
- Frank Hurt President Bakery, Confect., and Tobacco Intl. Union
- Jerry Jenkins Official Virginia Tobacco Board
- Hugh Keogh President Chamber of Commerce->Virginia
- Buddy Kidder Official Highway Express Company
- Thomas Kirkup Official Reynolds Metal Co.
- Kevin Koch Official McLane Co.->Temple, TX
- Frank Pepper Laughan Official Richmond Cold Storage Inc.
- Harry Lea Official Tobacco Quota Warehouse Alliance
- Daniel LeBlanc President AFL-CIO->Virginia
Lisa Licata Official Pinkerton Tobacco Co.
- James Luellen Official Bakery, Confect., and Tobacco Intl. Union
- Jerry Lushch Owner Jerry Brothers Industries
- James Neely President AFL-CIO->Tennessee
- Dana Schrad Executive Director Virginia->Association of Chiefs of Police
- Stephan Spain Official International Assn. of Machinists and Aerospace Wkrs.
- Henry Stanley Officer Virginia->Police Department
- James Starkey Official Universal Leaf Tobacco Company
- Duncan Thomas Official Q Markets Convenience Stores
- Thomas Towberman Commissioner Virginia Employment Commission
- Ronnie Volkening Official Southland Corporation->Dallas, TX
- Dixie Watts-Reeves Agricultural Economist Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
- Donald Wharton Official International Assn. of Machinists and Aerospace Wkrs.
- Joe Williams Official Virginia Tobacco Board
- Harlan Young Member Molins Machine Corp.
- State CapitolState Capitol
Jerry Brown Editorial Meeting with New York Post
Former Governor Jerry Brown (D-CA) answered questions from the editorial board members of the New York Post. He focused…
On Saturday, October 8, 2005 Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) spoke at the Iowans for Tax Relief annual meeting in Des Moines, Iowa.…
Federal Communications Commission Meeting
The commission heard testimony on leased channel access, cable regulations, do not call registry, low-power radio…
Republican National Committee Platform Hearings, Day 2, Part 2
The Republican National Committee Platform Committee met to discuss issues to be part of the party’s national platform.…