The committee continued a series of hearings on the implications of the dramatic changes in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe for national security policy, military strategies, and defense budgets.
People in this video
- Jean-Michel Boucheron Chairman North Atlantic Assembly
- Patrick Duffy President North Atlantic Assembly
Samuel Nunn U.S. Senator [D] Georgia
- Peter G. Peterson Chairman North Atlantic Assembly
- Geoffrey Johnson Smith Delegate North Atlantic Assembly->United States
- Karsten Voigt Chairman North Atlantic Assembly
John W. Warner U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
William V. Roth Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Delaware
- Senate Armed Services CommitteeSenate Armed Services Committee
Senator Sam Nunn addressed the International Institute for Strategic Studies.
Presidential News Briefing
President Bush announced that the Western leaders had agreed to transform NATO’s nuclear strategy and that the alliance…
Senators spoke to reporters outside Russell building about John Tower’s nomination for Secretary of Defense.
NATO in the 1990s
The Close Up Foundation held a forum on NATO in the 1990s.