Jurisdiction of the SEC and the CFTC The committee hears testimony on issues related to the jurisdiction of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission.
People in this video
- Richard C. Breeden Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- Robert R. Glauber Undersecretary Department of the Treasury
- Wendy Lee Gramm Chairwoman Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Alan Greenspan Chair Federal Reserve->Board of Governors
- Patrick J. Leahy U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
Stock Market Regulation
The subcommittee heard testimony on the recommendations crafted by the Working Group on Financial Markets, which had been tasked…
Aftermath of the Stock Market Decline
The subcommittee held a hearing about “Black Monday,” October 19, 1987, when American and global stock markets crashed.