Witnesses testified on the ongoing research and proposed treatment for AIDS. They addressed the need for funding and trials on new medications.
People in this video
Daniel Bolognesi Doctor Duke University->Medical Center
- Samuel Broder Associate Director National Cancer Institute
- Alain Esper Doctor U.S. Food and Drug Administration
George Galasso Associate Director National Institute of Health
Michael Gottlieb Acting Chief University of California, Los Angeles->Medical School
Martin Hirsch Associate Professor Harvard Medical School
- Clifford Lane Doctor (Former) National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
James Ostermann Mason Acting Assistant Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
Howard Curtis Nielson U.S. Representative [R] Utah
James Oleske Assistant Professor University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey->Pediatrics
Paul Volberding Associate Professor University of Southern California
Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
- U.S. House of RepresentativesU.S. House of Representatives
- House Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the EnvironmentHouse Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment
Pending AIDS Legislation
Witnesses testified about testing and treatment of AIDS and patient privacy issues.
Early Intervention in AIDS
The witnesses urged increased funding for AIDS research and health care. Chairman Boxer called the testimonies, “reports from…
U.S. AIDS Policy
The guests discussed the current status of AIDS research in the United States. Topics included federal funding for research…
World AIDS Day Event
President Clinton and others talked about AIDS issues and the worldwide problem of the spread of AIDS.