Candidates, Campaigns & Challenges for Press
Professor Sabato addressed the issues involved in improving the process of political reporting on campaigns and candidates. He was critical of political consultants and offered suggestions to the audience of reporters on how to improve campaign coverage.
People in this video
- John Funk Correspondent Beacon Journal
- Ernest Gates Assistant Managing Editor Newport News Daily Press
- Robert Goodman President Robert Goodman Agency, Inc.
- Marsha Guerand Editor News and Courier
- Ann Hellmuth Editor Orlando Sentinel
- Clark Hoyt Bureau Chief Knight-Ridder Newspapers
- Joan Lowy Correspondent Rocky Mountain News->Washington, DC
- Adam Nagourney Correspondent New York Daily News
Jane Norman Correspondent Des Moines Register
- Richard Ryan Correspondent Detroit News
- Jim Simmon Editor Houston Chronicle->Politics
- Robert Squier Political Consultant Squier-Eskew Communications
- Lynn Sweet Correspondent Chicago Sun-Times
- Paul Van Osdol Correspondent Florida Times Union (Jacksonville, FL)
- Bill Winter Director American Press Institute
- Larry J. Sabato Professor University of Virginia->Department of Government and Foreign Affairs
- American Press InstituteAmerican Press Institute
Larry Sabato talked about the increase use of consultants and their role in political campaigns.
Professor Larry Sabato discussed the increase in negative political advertising. Professor Sabato answered questions…
Open Phones on 2016 Presidential Candidates
Telephone lines were open for suggestions for potential candidates for the 2016 presidential election.
2004 Election Campaigns
Panelists discussed polling in the presidential campaigns. Particular emphasis was placed on the influence of Zogby…