Year 2000 Computer Problem and Banking
Robert Parry, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President, talked about corrective measures the Federal Reserve had taken to protect itself from potential problems resulting from the date change on January 1, 2000. He also talked about Federal Reserve supervision of member banks and about how consumers could protect themselves. Following his remarks a panel discussed the problem. close
People in this video
- Marla Borowski Branch Chief Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Robert Johnson Representative Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Adrian Medewar President Town Hall Los Angeles
- Robert Parry President Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Gordon Werkema Branch Chief Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Town Hall Los AngelesTown Hall Los Angeles
International Year 2000 Issues
Mr. McConnell reported that there were only minor computer problems around the world after the rollover last night to…
Telephone lines were opened for audience comments.
Year 2000 Computer Problems
Peter De Jager, a specialist in computers, discussed the Year 2000 computer code problem.
Avoiding the Year 2000 Computer Problem
Senator Robert Bennett(R-UT) talked about the possibility that the year 2000 will bring about a computer software…