Participants discussed youth apprenticeship systems and how they can improve the job skills of America’s non-college youths.
People in this video
- Cynthia B. Brown Director Council of Chief State School Officers->Resource Center on Educational Equity
- Michael Bruton Secretary-Treasurer Chicago Federation of Labor
- Robert Coy Director Department of Commerce->Pennsylvania
- Hans Decker President Siemens USA
- Barbara Green Vice President Greater New York Hospital Association
- Herbert Grover President Council of Chief State School Officers
Ray Marshall Chairman Labor Rights Coalition
Lawrence "Larry" Mishel Director Economic Policy Institute->Research
- Pierce Quinlan Executive Vice President National Alliance of Business
- Mary Wendy Roberts Chair and CEO Oregon Bureau of Labor and Ind.
- Piedad Robertson President Bunker Hill Community College
- Progressive Policy InstituteProgressive Policy Institute
- National Governors AssociationNational Governors Association
- Grant Foundation for Child DevelopmentGrant Foundation for Child Development
Jobs for America's Graduates
President Bush spoke on “empowerment,” the administration’s term for allowing parents to choose their children’s school,…
Job Training Partnership Youth Awards
President George H.W. Bush and Labor Secretary Elizabeth Dole held a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden for youths…
Presidential Radio Address
In his weekly radio address President Bush talked about Labor Day weekend and U.S. workers.
Barbara Kellerman talked about her book, Bad Leadership: What It Is, How It Happens, Why It Matters, published by…