Robert McFarlane testified on what is being called the Iran Initiative, using the arms sales to Iran as part of a larger foreign policy.
People in this video
- Nancy L. Kassebaum U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Mitch McConnell U.S. Senator (Class 2) [R] Kentucky
Robert "Bud" C. McFarlane National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Claiborne Pell U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Paul Simon U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Senate Foreign Relations CommitteeSenate Foreign Relations Committee
Debate on Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Sales with Iran
The House debated a resolution to create a House select committee to investigate covert arms sales with Iran.
Foreign Affairs Issues
The committee heard witnesses invoke their Fifth Amendment rights in questioning on the Iran arms sales.
Witnesses testified on the U.S. foreign policy towards Iran and Iranian arms sales.
Witnesses testified on the U.S. foreign policy towards Iran in light of the recently discovered arms sales.