Children and Families in the 1990s
The National Association of Counties hosted a conversation on “children and families” in relation to legislative strategies in Congress.… read more
The National Association of Counties hosted a conversation on “children and families” in relation to legislative strategies in Congress. Topics included the Head Start program, immigrant families, disabled children, child care, poverty, abuse, nutrition, and education. close
People in this video
- Richard Dixon Chief Administrative Officer California->Los Angeles County
Cheryl Hayes Executive Director National Commission on Children
- William Kincaid Director St. Louis, MO
- James McGovern Assistant Chief Counsel Internal Revenue Service
- Barbara Shipnuck Supervisor California->Monterey County
- John Stroeger Vice President National Association of Counties
- Jule Sugarman Executive Director Special Olympics
- Judy Weitz Center for Study of Social Policy
- National Association of CountiesNational Association of Counties
Health Care in the U.S.
Secretary Sullivan addressed a session of the forum titled, “Child Health in the City: Issues for the 90's.” The…
Child Care Legislation
Rep. Stenholm discussed his introduction of child care legislation that would give tax credits to working families.
Representative Downey discussed child care measures, especially the differences between the Hawkins plan and the…
Adoption is for Everyone
President George Bush held a news conference at the White House to highlight adopting special needs children.