Democratic Change in Africa
The Institute on African Affairs sponsored an event on the topic of Democratic Change in Africa. The panelists talked about the prospects for democracy in various African countries and the state of their political systems.
People in this video
- Dennis Afande Ambassador United States
- Robert Browne Staff Director (Former) U.S. House of Representatives->Subcommittee on International Developm.
Ibrahim Gambari Ambassador Nigeria->United Nations
- Charles Gomis Ambassador Ivory Coast->United States
- Richard Joseph Professor Emory University->African Studies
Arthur Jay Klinghoffer Professor Rutgers University->Political Science
- Richard Noukelak Assistant to Executive Dir. World Bank
- Manta Tatnene Ambassador Zaire->United States
- Moses Tesi Executive Director Institute on African Affairs
- Kifle Wadajo Foreign Minister (Former) Ethiopia
- Institute on African AffairsInstitute on African Affairs
Development Crisis in Africa
In this portion of the Annual Conference on African Policy Issues, panelists shared ideas to address the agricultural…
Progress Towards Democracy
Ian Smith, former Prime Minister of Rhodesia, participated in a live viewer call-in program to talk about U.S. policy…
Nelson Mandela Address
Nelson Mandela addressed a joint session of Congress where he appealed for support of the struggle for a multi-racial…
Democracy - The Road to Peace?
The Close Up Foundation hosted a discussion on Democracy and the road to peace in the world. The panelist took…