The Communicators

Public Broadcasting Issues

Patricia Harrison discussed the funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the role of local public television stations, documentary… read more

Patricia Harrison discussed the funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the role of local public television stations, documentary programming, and decency and freedom of expression in television programming. She noted that the Corporation for Public Broadcasting is the steward for the 15 percent of federal funding that goes to public television and radio. The individual stations raise the other 85 percent of their funding themselves.

The Communicators is C-SPAN’s weekly series that examines the people and events that shape telecommunications policy. close

Report Video Issue

People in this video

Hosting Organization

Series

More information about

Public Broadcasting Issues

83 Views
Program ID:
194905-1
Category:
C-SPAN Specials
Format:
Interview
Location:
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
First Aired:
Oct 21, 2006 | 6:31pm EDT | C-SPAN 1
Last Aired:
Oct 23, 2006 | 8:00pm EDT | C-SPAN 2

Airing Details

  • Oct 21, 2006 | 6:31pm EDT | C-SPAN 1
  • Oct 23, 2006 | 8:00am EDT | C-SPAN 2
  • Oct 23, 2006 | 8:00pm EDT | C-SPAN 2
Purchase a Download

Public Broadcasting Issues

  • MP3 audio - Standard
    Price:
    $0.99