Luncheon Keynote Speech
The program was part of a three-day conference, “The Carter Presidency: Lessons for the 21st Century,” held on the 30th anniversary of President Carter’s inauguration.
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter delivered the keynote address at a luncheon. Topics included her life in Georgia, her experiences in various countries while her husband was in the Navy, her work in the cause of mental illness, and her experiences as first lady of Georgia and then of the U.S. She also talked about her alliance with former first lady Betty Ford in working for mental health issues.
People in this video
Mary Adams Spouse
Rosalynn Carter First Lady (Former) United States
Arnett Mace Provost University of Georgia
- University of Georgia | School of Public and International AffairsUniversity of Georgia | School of Public and International Affairs
- Vinson (Carl) Institute of GovernmentVinson (Carl) Institute of Government
More Videos From
Carter Administration and Environmental Policy
- Carter Administration and Domestic Policy
- Carter Administration and Middle East Policy
- Carter Presidency Town Hall Meeting
- Luncheon Keynote Speech
- Carter 30th Inaugural Anniversary
First Lady Interview
The first lady talked about her experiences in the White House and about her family. She also described some of her…
First Lady Keynote Speech
The first lady delivered the keynote address at a women’s economic conference. She talked about day care for working…
Presidential Health Care Proposal
The first lady delivered the keynote address to a symposium on health care reform at Johns Hopkins University. In her speech,…
Former President and First Lady Carter on Health Care Reform
Former President Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter talked about current peace and health initiatives.