The National Organization for Women hosted a rally in Washington, D.C., in support of abortion rights for women. Several speakers addressed the crowd, including Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), Cyndi Lauper and Rev. Jesse Jackson.
People in this video
- Joan Bronk President National Council of Jewish Women
- Kenneth Edelin Chairman Planned Parenthood Federation of America->Board of Directors
Jane Fonda Actor and Activist
Keith Geiger President National Education Association
Patricia Ireland President National Organization for Women
- Sharon Pratt Kelly Mayor [D] Washington
- Jewell Jackson McCabe President National Coalition of 100 Black Women
Kate Michelman President National Abortion and Reprod.Rights Action League
Eleanor Holmes Norton Congressional Delegate [D] District of Columbia
Eleanor Smeal President Feminist Majority Foundation
Urvashi Vaid Executive Director National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
Jesse Jackson Founder Operation PUSH
- National Organization for WomenNational Organization for Women
Flora Davis, author of Moving the Mountain: The Women’s Movement in America Since 1960, and Joan Bronk, national president of…
Mobilize for Women's Lives Rally, Part 2
National Organization for Woman rally on the Washington DC Mall- “Mobilize For Women’s Lives” Part two of event.
Ms. Smeal discussed her views on equal rights for women and minorities and responded to callers' questions.
Participants marked the 31st anniversary of Roe v. Wade and spoke about the importance of reproductive rights.