Health Care Costs and the Role of Hospitals
The Joint Economic subcommittee heard testimony on the future of the hospital industry. Issues raised in the testimony of health care… read more
The Joint Economic subcommittee heard testimony on the future of the hospital industry. Issues raised in the testimony of health care analysts included the implications of hospital closures and declining occupancy rates, the changes in inpatient and outpatient rates, and the future capital needs of public hospitals. close
People in this video
Gerard Anderson Director Johns Hopkins University->Center of Hospital Finance and Management
- Donna D. Fraiche Chair New Orleans, LA->Medical Task Force
Larry Gage President National Assn. of Public Hospitals
- James Kimmey Dean St. Louis University->School of Public Health
- Ophelia Long Chief Executive Officer Oakland, CA->Highland General Hospital
Michael A. Morrisey Department Head and Professor University of Alabama at Birmingham->Department of Health Care Organization and Policy
- Edward Renford Administrator LAC King-Drew Memorial Center
- James Scott President American Health Care Systems Institute
Stuart Altman President and CEO Prospective Payment Assessment Cmsn.
- U.S. House of RepresentativesU.S. House of Representatives
- Joint Economic Subcommittee on Investment, Jobs and PricesJoint Economic Subcommittee on Investment, Jobs and Prices
Dr. Stuart Butler, director of domestic policy studies for the Heritage Foundation, offered a critique of the various…
Open Phones: Health Care
The callers expressed issues related to national health care.
Meeting on Human Resources
The governors discussed health care policy reform and the fragmentation that exists in health care coverage.
Open Phones: Health Care Reform
Telephone lines were open for viewer comments on health care reform proposals.