Joint Statement on Financial Markets
Participating by phone, Senator Tom Coburn talked about his suggestion to Senators McCain and Obama that they issue a joint statement on the crisis in financial markets. A clip of Senator Obama acknowledging Senator Coburn’s role was shown.
People in this video
Tom Coburn U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Susan Swain Co-President and Co-COO C-SPAN
- C-SPAN | Washington JournalC-SPAN | Washington Journal
More Videos From
- Joint Statement on Financial Markets
- Federal Intervention in Financial Markets
- Financial Markets
- Reliability of Government Economic Statistics
Congress and Financial Markets Rescue Plan
Jodi Schneider talked about House and Senate hearings this week on the economy and Congressional reaction to Paulson’s…
Telephone lines were open for comments on what Congress should do about automakers' request for assistance.
Tom Korologos talked about the process of confirming cabinet nominees.
Telephone lines were open for comments on the $275 billion White House plan to assist homeowners.