Is the Welfare State Justified?
He was interviewed on the C-SPAN Bus at West Virginia University. The date of the interview is not known.
Daniel Shapiro talked about his book Is the Welfare State Justified? (Cambridge University Press; July 9, 2007). In the book he examines the values and principles of the people who support welfare institutions and decides that those people should realistically be supporting other methods such as free market solutions.
People in this video
- C-SPAN | Book TV BusC-SPAN | Book TV Bus
- The Forty Years War
More Videos From
Book TV Author Interviews
- A Home on the Field
- Native America, Discovered and Conquered
- American Royalty
- Making Government Work
- Capture the Flag
- When Conscience and Power Meet
- Concise Historical Atlas of the U.S. Civil War
- Is the Welfare State Justified?
- Ethical Leadership in Turbulent Times
- Brace for Impact
- They Always Said I Would Marry A White Girl
- The Last Lawyer
- Great Things Are Expected from The Virginians
Telephone lines were open for comments on the questions, “What should President Obama tell Senate Democrats when he goes to…
Presidential Remarks on Health Care Legislation
President Obama spoke to reporters after a meeting on health care legislation with Senate Democrats. In his remarks he said that…
Senator McConnell on Health Care
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke to reporters about health care legislation.
Senator Nelson on Health Care
Senator Ben Nelson talked about his provisional agreement to the health care legislation on the floor of the Senate. He…