Sugar Quotas & Central American Economic Development
The subcommittee hears testimony on revising United States debt and sugar import policies. It also reviews present economic assistance programs in Central America.
People in this video
- Richard Goldberg Undersecretary (Acting) Department of Agriculture
- Gilberto Goldstein Representative Honduras Sugar Assn.
- Alvin Hansen Representative Farmer's Sugar Cooperative
- James B. Hurlock Representative White and Case
- Pedro-Pablo Kuczynski Co-Chair First Boston Intl.
- David R. Melpass Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Francis S. Morgan Representative Hamakua Sugar Company
- William F. Mullan Representative Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
Jack H. Vaughn Ambassador (Former) United States->Panama
Elliott Abrams Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Senate Finance CommitteeSenate Finance Committee
- Senate Finance Subcommittee on International TradeSenate Finance Subcommittee on International Trade
International Agriculture & Trade Issues
Agriculture Secretary Richard Lyng gave an update on U.S. agriculture and international trade and answered questions.
Latin American Economy
Mr. Perez is a former president of Venezuela who is currently campaigning to be elected president again. Mr. Perez discusses…
Latin America & the Reagan Administration
Assistant Secretary of State, Elliott Abrams, spoke about democracy in Latin America.
Assistant Secretary of State Elliott Abrams discussed relations between the US and Central American countries.…