Glass-Steagall and 2010 Economy
C-SPAN Radio’s Bobbi Jackson read news headlines at the end of the program.
Arthur Wilmarth Jr. talked about the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, its repeal in 1999, and the impact these pieces of legislation had on the… read more
Arthur Wilmarth Jr. talked about the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, its repeal in 1999, and the impact these pieces of legislation had on the current economic situation. He responded to telephone calls and electronic communications.
People in this video
Greta Brawner Host C-SPAN
Bobbi Jackson Host C-SPAN->Radio
- Arthur E. Wilmarth Jr. Associate Professor George Washington University Law School
- C-SPAN | Washington JournalC-SPAN | Washington Journal
More Videos From
- Environment and Offshore Drilling
- Kentucky Republican Senate Race
- Glass-Steagall and 2010 Economy
- Economic Stability of the U.S. and Europe
A portion of the session focused on repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933.
Megan McArdle talked about planks in both the Democratic and Republican Party platforms calling for the restoration of…
Wall Street and the 2012 Election
Conor Kennedy talked about reform for Wall Street financial firms, and his belief that the Glass-Steagall Act should be…
Role of Financial Institutions, Part 1
Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, testified and took questions about Glass-Steagall banking regulations…