Fraud Against Senior Citizens
Witnesses testified about enforcement of the Senior Financial Empowerment Act of 2009. They addressed issues pertaining to mail, telemarketing and Internet fraud targeting seniors.
People in this video
- Tammy Baldwin U.S. Representative [D] Wisconsin
Robert "Bob" B. Blancato Member National Cmte. for Prevention of Elderly Abuse->Executive Committee
Mark Glasser Resident Miami
- Louie Gohmert Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
Lee Hammond President AARP
- Ted Poe U.S. Representative [R] Texas
Latifa Ring Founder National Elder Abuse and Guardianship Victims Taskforce for Change
- Bobby Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland SecurityHouse Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
Witnesses testified on the crime of mail fraud and the need for better enforcement.
Senior Citizens and Financial Fraud
Witnesses that included a victim of an IRS impersonation scam and federal officials testified at a hearing on financial fraud targeting senior…
Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force
Witnesses testified on the work of the Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force, which President Obama created in…
Senate Financial Fraud Bill
Mr. Stern talked about the Senate conflicts in relation to the Senate Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act, S 386.