Abortion Funding Ban
Witnesses testified about proposed legislation that would permanently ban any federal funds or tax cuts from being used for abortions. Witnesses represented both the anti- and pro-abortion rights sides of the issue.
People in this video
Richard Doerflinger Associate Director U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops->Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities
- Trent Franks U.S. Representative [R] Arizona
- Steve King U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Jerrold Nadler U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Mike Pence U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Mike Quigley U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
Sara Rosenbaum Chair George Washington University->Department of Health Policy
Cathy Cleaver Ruse Senior Fellow Family Research Council->Legal Studies
- Bobby Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- House Judiciary CommitteeHouse Judiciary Committee
Senate Debate on Abortion Ban After 20-Weeks
Senate Republicans and Democrats continued debate on a bill to ban abortions after 20-weeks.
Senate Debate on Abortion Ban Bill
A number of Democrats and Republicans spoke both for and against the bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks.
House Debate on Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
Members debated a measure to permanently bar federal funding of abortions.
The House votes 238-183 to pass H.R. 7, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure…