Abortion Funding Ban
Witnesses testified about proposed legislation that would permanently ban any federal funds or tax cuts from being used for abortions. Witnesses represented both the anti- and pro-abortion rights sides of the issue.
People in this video
Richard Doerflinger Associate Director U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops->Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities
- Trent Franks U.S. Representative [R] Arizona
- Steve King U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Jerrold Nadler U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Mike Pence U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Mike Quigley U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
Sara Rosenbaum Chair George Washington University->Department of Health Policy
Cathy Cleaver Ruse Senior Fellow Family Research Council->Legal Studies
- Bobby Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- House Judiciary CommitteeHouse Judiciary Committee
House Debate on Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
Members debated a measure to permanently bar federal funding of abortions.
House Abortion Bill
Julie Rovner was interviewed about the House bill that would ban abortions after the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.
House Debate on Banning Abortion After 20 Weeks
Members of the House of Representatives debated a bill to ban abortions 20 weeks after conception.
House General Debate on Abortion Funding
Members of the House debated H.R. 7, a bill to ban taxpayer-funded abortions. It later passed by a 242-179 margin.