Treasury Secretary Geithner Remarks
“Administration Response” was a program of the Wall Street Journal CEO Council’s fifth annual meeting, held at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner defended President Obama’s insistence on vetoing any bill that extends Bush-era tax rates for those making $250,000 or more, calling Republican opposition to the move “deeply implausible.” Mr. Geithner also said the financial situation in Europe would continue to stabilize despite recent developments. He was interviewed by David Wessel.
People in this video
Timothy F. Geithner Secretary Department of the Treasury
- David M. Wessel Editor Wall Street Journal->Economics
- [Wall Street Journal] | CEO Council[Wall Street Journal] | CEO Council
More Videos From
Wall Street Journal CEO Council
- Senator Kent Conrad on the Fiscal Cliff
- Representative Christopher Van Hollen on the Fiscal Cliff
- Treasury Secretary Geithner Remarks
- Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on Foreign Policy
- Online Consumer Privacy
- European Debt Crisis
David Wessel discussed where the trillions of dollars that make up the federal budget come from and where all that…
House Debate on Debt Limit Bill
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives debated the debt limit bill.
Budget and Debt Talks
Senate Democrats and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner spoke to reporters about negotiations on the budget, national…
Bill Clinton on Budget Deficit and and Debt Reduction
Gwen Ifill interviewed former President Bill Clinton about the federal budget deficit and national debt. He talked about…