“The Terrorists-Prisoners Challenge: Lessons Learned and Future Outlook” was held at the Potomac Institute.
Ambassadors from the League of Arab States and Mali and the deputy chief of mission at the Embassy of Lithuania talked about security cooperation among… read more
Ambassadors from the League of Arab States and Mali and the deputy chief of mission at the Embassy of Lithuania talked about security cooperation among countries worldwide in combating terrorism following an attack on a mall in Nairobi, Kenya. Among the topics they addressed were the definition and origins of terrorism, the impact of Israeli-Palestinian and instability in the Middle East and North Africa. The program included questions from audience members at the end of the discussion.
“The Terrorists-Prisoners Challenge: Lessons Learned and Future Outlook” was held at the Potomac Institute. close
People in this video
Mohammed Al Hussaini Al Sharif Ambassador League of Arab States->United States
Al Maamoun Baba Lamine Keita Ambassador Mali->United States
Simonas Satunas Deputy Chief of Mission Lithunian Embassy
Yonah Alexander Director Potomac Institute for Policy Studies->International Center for Terrorism Studies
Abderrahim Rahhaly Deputy Chief of Mission Morocco->Embassy in U.S.
Javier Ruperez Ambassador (Former) Spain->United States
- Michael Swetnam Founding Chair Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
- University of Virginia | Center for National Security LawUniversity of Virginia | Center for National Security Law
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies | International Center for Terrorism StudiesPotomac Institute for Policy Studies | International Center for Terrorism Studies
- Inter-University Center for Terrorism StudiesInter-University Center for Terrorism Studies
- International Law Institute | Inter-University Center for Legal StudiesInternational Law Institute | Inter-University Center for Legal Studies
Political Instability in Mali
Government officials and policy researchers testified on political instability in Mali. They said Mali was battling…
Economies of Arab Countries
A panel of U.S. ambassadors from Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, and other Arab countries talked about the economic and…
Terrorism and Future of U.S. Foreign Policy
Three panels at a day-long forum on terrorism focused on the future of terrorism and U.S. responses to the threat of terrorism. Among the…
Secretary Michael Chertoff talked about the strategies for combating terrorism, U.S. security concerns, and the 7th…