Criminal Justice Issues
The Conservative Political Action Conference is an annual event hosted by the American Conservative Union.
A panel of conservative activists including former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik talked about the potential benefits of reducing prison populations. Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) described his state’s efforts in this area, noting that the use of drug courts has driven down the number of non-violent offenders in jail. After the discussion, Ralph Reed of the Faith and Freedom Coalition spoke. In his remarks, he called for the impeachment of Attorney General Eric Holder. Following Mr. Reed, a musical duo performed, and tweets from C-SPAN viewers were shown.
People in this video
- Bernard B. Kerik Commissioner (Former) New York, NY Police Dept.
- Grover Norquist President Americans for Tax Reform
Rick Perry Governor [R] Texas
- Ralph E. Reed Jr. Founder and Chair Faith and Freedom Coalition
Pat Nolan Director American Conservative Union->Center for Criminal Justice Reform
More Videos From
Conservative Political Action Conference: Day 2
- Criminal Justice Issues
- Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) Remarks at CPAC
- Conservatives in Hollywood
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Day 2 General Speeches
- IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups
- Conservative Policy Issues
- Former Senator Rick Santorum Remarks at CPAC
- Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) Remarks at CPAC
- Privacy and NSA Wiretaps
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Social Conservatives and Libertarians Panel
Governor Rick Perry Remarks at CPAC
Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) spoke on the second day of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). He…
Criminal Justice and Prison Reform
Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik talked by video link from New York City about criminal justice…
Rick Perry Remarks at CPAC
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) spoke at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) hosted by the…
Governor Rick Perry Remarks at Conservative Political Action Conference
Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) talked about the media’s coverage of conservative values.