Pesticides in Food1988-07-01T01:50:10-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/616/003230-m.jpgThe House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment heard testimony on pesticide residues in foods.
The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment heard testimony on pesticide residues in foods.
People in this video
- Claudia Fuquay Director United Fruit and Vegetable Association->Congressional Relations
- Sherwin Gardner Vice President Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Lawrence Graham Executive Vice President National Food Processors Association
- Janet Hathaway Senior Project Attorney Natural Resources Defense Council
- Maureen Kuwano Hinkle Director National Audubon Society->Agricultural Policy
- Mark Maslyn Assistant Director American Farm Bureau Federation->National Affairs Division
- Michelle Meier Counsel Consumers Union->Government Affairs
- Pat Roberts U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- Stephen Wood Executive Director New England Fruit Growers Council on Environment
- House Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the EnvironmentHouse Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment
Nutrition Information & Food Labeling
Guests discussed FDA label policy reforms and what information needs to be included on food labels.
Health Effects of Lead - A.M.
The subcommittee held a hearing on dangerous levels of lead in housewares. Only a portion of this hearing was broadcast.
Safety of Pesticides Used on Fruit
The guest represents a group that has issued a report critical to the EPA on this subject.