* The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), also known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), is a militant group that has called itself the Islamic State.
Headlines from the day’s newspapers were read and telephone lines were open for viewer reaction to the strategy laid out in President Obama’s request for the authorization of use of military force against ISIL* in Iraq and Syria. Patricia Zengerle, speaking by phone, talked about the president’s request.
* The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), also known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), is a militant group that has called itself the Islamic State. close
People in this video
- John McArdle Host C-SPAN
Patricia Zengerle Correspondent Thomson Reuters->Congress and National Security
- C-SPAN | Washington JournalC-SPAN | Washington Journal
More Videos From This Event
- Authorization for Use of Military Force Request
- Representative Jerry McNerney on Keystone XL Pipeline
- Spelman College
Phone lines were open for viewer reaction to ISIL’s* killings of Americans and other foreigners and the question: “What is…
Telephone lines were open for viewer comments on about President Obama’s expected formal request to Congress for…
Authorization for the Use of Military Force Request
Daniel Newshauser talked about congressional reaction to President Obama’s request for Authorization for Use of…
News headlines were read and telephone lines were open for viewer responses to the question, “Should the U.S. use troops to…