U.S. Trade and Economic Policy
The committee met to discuss U.S. Trade and Economic Policy and the status of open markets around the world. The Shadow Open Market… read more
The committee met to discuss U.S. Trade and Economic Policy and the status of open markets around the world. The Shadow Open Market Committee is made up of scholars and economic analysts and meets annually to discuss U.S. trade policies. Issues brought up in the meeting included current trends in U.S. financial markets and the actions of the U.S. Federal Reserve. Members of the committee responded to questions from the audience following their prepared remarks. close
People in this video
Jagdish N. Bhagwati Professor Columbia University->Economics
- Erich Heinemann Chief Economist Ladenburg, Thalmann and Co., Inc.
- Mickey Levy Chief Economist First Fidelity Bancorp.
- Allan H. Meltzer Professor Carnegie Mellon University->Graduate School Independent Admin.
- Charles Plosser Professor William E. Simon Graduate School
William Poole Professor Brown University->Economics
- Robert Rasche Professor Michigan State University->Economics
- Shadow Open Market CommitteeShadow Open Market Committee
Foreign Journalists News Conference
President George H.W. Bush spoke with a group of foreign correspondents about his plans for a trip to Japan at the end…
Middle East Peace Conference
Mr. Levy discussed the ongoing Middle East peace conference being held in Washington, DC.
Academic and Business Environment
The Shadow Open Market Committee, a group made up of economists from academia and the private sector, met to debate…
North American Free Trade Agreement
President Bill Clinton, accompanied by Vice President Al Gore, spoke to supporters and the press moments after the House voted 234-200 to pass…