He spoke on the History and Biography Stage at the 16th annual National Book Festival, held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
* The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), or DAISH/DAESH in Arabic is a militant group that has called itself the Islamic State.
Joby Warrick talked about his book Black Flags, in which he reports on the rise of ISIS.*
* The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), or DAISH/DAESH in Arabic is a militant group that has called itself the Islamic State. close
People in this video
Martin "Marty" Baron Executive Editor Washington Post
Joby Warrick Staff Writer Washington Post
Your purchase helps support C-SPAN
Click here to learn how
C-SPAN.org offers links to books featured on the C-SPAN networks to make it simpler for viewers to purchase them. C-SPAN has agreements with retailers that share a small percentage of your purchase price with our network. For example, as an Amazon Associate, C-SPAN earns money from your qualifying purchases. However, C-SPAN only receives this revenue if your book purchase is made using the links on this page.
Any revenue realized from this program goes into a general account to help fund C-SPAN operations.
Please note that questions regarding fulfillment, customer service, privacy policies, or issues relating to your book orders should be directed to the Webmaster or administrator of the specific bookseller's site and are their sole responsibility.
- National Book FestivalNational Book Festival
- Black Flags
More Videos From
2016 National Book Festival
- Interview with Jo-Ann Jenkins
- Hero of the Empire
- Open Phones with Bob Woodward
- Open Phones with Representative John Lewis and Andrew Aydin
- Destiny and Power
- Open Phones with Ken Burns
- Open Phones with Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- Rightful Heritage
- Interview with Mary Roach
- Black Flags
- Interview with Amy Ellis Nutt
- Most Blessed of the Patriarchs
- Open Phones on the National Book Festival
- The Witches
The Terror Years
Lawrence Wright talks about his book, The Terror Years: From al-Qaeda to the Islamic State. He spoke in the C-SPAN…
Thirteen Days in September
Lawrence Wright talked about his book, Thirteen Days in September: The Dramatic Story of the Struggle for Peace. He…
Open Phones with Joby Warrick
Joby Warrick talked about his book, Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS, and responded to viewer comments and questions.…
ISIS Motivations and Strategies
Panelists talked about the history, motivations, and strategies of ISIS.* The panel discussed the group’s roots and…