Chinese Currency and the Global Economy2016-10-05T08:55:54-04:00https://images.c-span.org/Files/74e/20161005090618003_hd.jpgGlobal finance experts talked about the impact of China’s currency on emerging markets, specifically in the Latin American region.
Global finance experts talked about the impact of China’s currency on emerging markets, specifically in the Latin American region.
People in this video
Douglas Arner Professor Hong Kong University->Law
- Luis Miguel Castilla Senior Fellow Atlantic Council of the U.S.->Latin America Center
Sam Fleming Editor Waseca
Jon M. Huntsman Jr. Chair Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Barbara Kotschwar Senior Officer World Bank->Investment Policy
- Jason Marczak Director Atlantic Council of the U.S.->Latin American Economic Growth Initiative
- Gerardo Mato Chair HSBC Financial->Global Banking
Heiwai Tang Assistant Professor Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->International Economics
- Claudia Trevisan Correspondent O Estado de S. Paulo (Brazil)->Washington, DC
- Clyde Wardle Senior Strategist HSBC Financial->Emerging Markets Foreign Exchange
- Atlantic Council of the U.S.Atlantic Council of the U.S.
Senate Debate on Chinese Currency manipulation
Senators debated a measure allowing trade sanctions on China in response to Chinese monetary policy.
Chinese Currency Devaluation
Professor Morici talked about the recent decision by the Chinese government to devalue its currency by 2% to the U.S.…
Chinese Currency Control
Mr. Trumpka and others called on the Bush administration to take bold action against China’s unfair manipulation of…
China and Financial Markets
Panelists testified before the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission in a public hearing about the origins of the global financial crisis and…