Vatican Spies During World War II
This Baptist Community Ministries “Faith in Wartime” Presentation was part of the multi-day 2016 International Conference on World War II, titled “1946: Year Zero-Triumph and Tragedy.”
Mark Riebling talked about Pope Pius the Twelfth and the Catholic Church’s secret actions against the Nazis. He argued that, contrary to previous scholarship, the pope was involved in efforts to change the German regime, including plots to kill Hitler.
People in this video
Robert Citino Senior Historian National World War II Museum
Mark Riebling Author
- National World War II MuseumNational World War II Museum
- Pritzker Military Museum and LibraryPritzker Military Museum and Library
- Tawani FoundationTawani Foundation
More Videos From
2016 International Conference on World War II - Day 3
- Global Perspectives on Commemorating World War II
- Vatican Spies During World War II
- MacArthur, Hirohito, and Famine in Postwar Japan
- Korea and China After World War II
President Trump Arrival at Vatican
President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump arrived at the Vatican.
Pope Francis With House Speaker John Boehner
Pope Francis met with House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), who is Catholic, before his address to a joint meeting of Congress.…
Visit by Pope Francis to Washington, D.C.
Information was given about Pope Francis' schedule of activities in Washington, D.C., for the day. A video clip was…
Pope Francis in Washington, D.C.
News stories and tweets about the visit of Pope Francis were read, including news about the little girl who broke…